Mrs. Dorothe K. Matlack Award for Excellence in Military Intelligence
The nomination period for the 2024 Dorothe K. Matlack Award for Excellence in Military Intelligence will be open from 1 November 2023 through 2 February 2024.
In 2018, the MI Corps established the Dorothe Matlack Award to honor a Department of the Army (DA) Civilian who has made a significant contribution to Military Intelligence within the past three years. The Matlack Award is named for one of MI's early pioneers and champions of the Army Human Intelligence efforts. Dorothe Matlack started her career in 1948 as a GS-2 File Clerk and retired in 1975 after serving twenty-seven years in the Office of the Assistant Chief of Staff for Intelligence.
The Dorothe Matlack Award for Excellence in Military Intelligence is intended to recognize the leadership contributions of DACs between the grades of GG09 and GG13.
Eligible candidates must meet the following criteria:
(1) Be a Title 10 Department of the Army civil servant, not in their probationary period.
(2) A DAC serving in an intelligence organization in any capacity who makes a significant contribution to Military Intelligence operations.
(3) Be fully eligible for continued service for at least one year after award presentation. Award cannot be given posthumously.
(4) Must not be under unfavorable personnel action.
(5) Have no unsatisfactory performance evaluations in the last three years.